Useful Tips for Effectively Setting your Home Up for Sale in Toronto. If it is your intention to sell your home very fast this year. This may be the best tips to make your home more marketable with Tips for Setting your Home for Sale.
Take out Personal stuff
One of the best and fastest way of selling off a home.
Eliminate as much as possible all the personal items that make the home unique and appealing to you. This may be quite difficult especially if you have lived in that home for years and have personalized it. But it is absolutely necessary because the buyers of the home want a product they can work with. Something they can call their own and customized if necessary from scratch. So remove Family photos, Kid’s artwork and other stuff that will not be necessary to sell the home.
Create Enough Space
The second tip involves creating as much space as possible in on the walls, the floors and shelves. Part of dressing up a home so that it sells fast is that you
- Reduce the amount of furniture in every room,
- Arrange the shelves,
- Reduce the number of stuff on table tops
- Ensure that the walls are not packed with too many pictures.
This is important to encourage the new buyers to embrace their imaginative powers and see themselves in their new home. This can be an opportunity for you to get rid of that stuff you have always been talking about removing. Give some to those who would really appreciate them. Take them to a storage space.
Think about Colour
Appearance is everything and most people get blown away by what they see and how appealing it looks to them. Re-evaluating the colour of paint in your home is crucial to ensure that it gets sold in record time.
Try to imagine the kind of people that are coming to buy your home. What they would like, what colour will be too appealing to them. Just ignore and move to the next option.
Try to avoid colours that are too style specific. Colours that are maybe too extreme, instead go for neutral paint colours that are appealing to almost everyone.
Painting the home is one of the cheapest ways of ensuring that your home will sell fast.
Improve your Curb Appeal in Toronto
The first part of the home prospective buyers come in contact with is the curb. The saying first impressions last longer. It is very important to strike a deal as most buyers will not give you another opportunity.
Ask Yourself, How does my front door look? Do I even have a lawn?, If I didn’t live here will the front view of my home look appealing? If sincerely you are able to say yes to all these questions. Then maybe you don’t have much to worry about improving your curb. But if the reverse is the case then you need to start working on it.
Consider the grasses if they are green and neatly trimmed, consider touching up chipped paint, power-washing the front steps, edging the sidewalk, painting the front door, adding a seasonal wreath or putting matching potted trees on either side of the door.
One of the easiest ways of losing a potential buyer of your home is if they in one way or another see you as a dirty un-hygienic person, it simply gives them the impression that you have not maintained and taken care of the home effectively.
The truth is nobody really likes dirt and so it is very important that you clean up every inch of the home. Your main target should be window sills, tops of ceiling fan blades, sticky switch plates, baseboards, and so on.
Ensure that your carpet or rug is professionally cleaned, if you have pets, ensure that they don’t leave a bad odour in the home, and also ensure that the kitchen is neat and well organized.
Invest a Little
- With all the tips already listed above, it is quite obvious that it not really easy living in a home that is on the market. Aside from ensuring that it is clean at all times, your other long-term plans will have to wait.
- It is therefore very important that a home on the market sell fast because firstly buyers may not be able to spend on a home due to the increase in their principal and interest payments as rates increases. Secondly, most lenders don’t provide extra funds to renovate a home so buyers have to consider where they will get that extra money from.
- Time is a very important factor in selling a home and the faster it leaves the market the better for you. In order to ensure your home leaves the market in record time, consider updating it and putting it in the best possible condition.
- Some of the key areas you might want to consider investing some money in order to update include parts of the kitchen, the bathroom, light fixtures etc.
- The sad truth is if your home doesn’t sell quickly the price will reduce by about $5000 but if you invest some money into updating it you may even increase its value and make it sell faster, so it is a win-win in the long run.
- It is well-established fact among experts that the homes that sell faster are the one that in many ways meet the buyer’s expectations or even exceed them.
Hire a Toronto Professional Stager
- Even though you can arrange and dress up your home to some degree of effectiveness it is perhaps best to hire a professional stager who does home staging that way you can rest assured that every potential buyer will consider your home strongly and you will get good value for the little money spent.
- Some of the areas a professional stager may consider include editing the furniture, adding ambient lighting, adding some new linens and other things, painting the brick around the fireplace among other very important things.
- Staging a home aside from the fact that it makes it look very attractive to potential buyers, it also encourages them to imagine about the possibilities of how they can make effective use of the space around the home.
- Depending on the home the stager may consider repainting the staircase, rearranging the living room furniture, rearranging books on shelves, adding key accessories to help give the home a nice touch
Try these Specific Quick Fixes to get your Home in Top Shape
For your home in top shape to sell in record time, try these quick tasks:
- Update your curb appeal
Take care of your lawn, paint your front door, add new home numbers and a welcome mat and festive decorations were and when applicable, and replace the outside light fixtures.
- Update your interior
Invest some money to ensure that your home is in top shape and sells faster in the market.
Consider painting the bathroom and maybe even the entire home, replace the mirror, hardware, light fixture, faucet and clean out the medicine chest and faucet.
- Organize the garage
It may seem not necessary to you at first but the truth is some buyers are very thorough when they check out a property and may be looking for just one excuse not to buy it. Try to dispose of old tools, yard equipment, sporting gear, and other stuff.
- Make Minor Repairs
Try to inspect the home and make repairs to those parts that need it. Fix Leaking roof, broken door handles, drippy faucet. Install a new shower rod or toilet seat to show pride of ownership Tighten the cabinet hinges.
- Tidy up
Aside from cleaning the entire home and ensuring that there is no bad odour in the home. Rid of useless items and also clothes, shoes and arrange the useful stuff in order to create space.
Straighten up your closets, hangers face the same direction, clothes arranged by a pattern, height or colour.
Give us a call at (416) 992 9494 for a professional home staging in Toronto.