Are you thinking about doing some smart renovations for increasing home value with Toronto Home staging services and selling your home? Minor renovations can go a long way in increasing your home value. But going through large renovations while living in the house can be stressful. You have to ensure you’ll be able to cover your expenses and increase your home value.
The key is to choose smart renovations and avoiding overspending.
Here are some suggested smart home renovations for selling your home in Toronto. They’re guaranteed to increase your house value, without breaking the bank.
Increasing your home value, Create curb appeal
Your home has one chance to make a first impression on buyers, and it starts at the curb. Some buyers may decide to avoid viewing your home if they are put off by its exterior. Here are some simple, cost-effective ways to boost your curb appeal:
- Add a new exterior light fixture.
- Replace or repaint your front door when you make a renovation.
- Repair any broken siding, cracked walkways, and dirty gutters or damaged roofing shingles.
- Repaint outside windows.
- Trim the lawn regularly.
- Ensure gardens are lush and maintained.
Renovation walls and floors
- Indoors, replacing or refinishing floors and painting walls are quick and inexpensive ways to give new life to your home.
- Paint color is important. Embrace shades of grey, and avoid obnoxious wall treatments or outdated colours like tan and beige. You’ll save several hundred dollars by doing this task yourself.
- Give the ceilings a fresh coat of paint to brighten any room.
- Consider replacing outdated carpeting with sturdy, builder-grade fibres in neutral colours.
- While most buyers prefer hardwood floors, they’re pricey to install. But, if you do, refinish them to bring back their original luster.
Update your kitchen
There are a many smart renovations for selling your home that you can do to get your kitchen looking its best:
- Replace old, outdated appliances. Purchase matching, modern, energy-saving ones. Buyers will appreciate the prospect of a lower electricity bill.
- Reface your kitchen cabinets. This is cheaper than replacing outdated cabinetry gives the kitchen a fresh look after renovation.
- Replace outdated cabinet hardware. This is an easy task and goes a long way in improving the overall look of your kitchen to prepare for a sale.
- Install new sinks and faucets. Buyers love the look of brand new sinks and faucets. If you’re not able to install these items yourself, a plumber can install them quickly, which keeps labour costs low.
The best way to make your home appealing to buyers costs nothing. Simply do some cleaning and decluttering. Remove any extra furniture to make rooms look bigger.
If you need advice on smart renovations for selling your home, consider hiring a professional home stager. You might end up increasing your home value. If you are looking for a professional Toronto home stager, contact Baraka GTA Staging at 416-992 9494.